Home with 8230 square feet
This home was built in 1990 by Kennith "Kenny" and Marilyn Maness and designed by Henry Miller. The NCT on 3/29/98 called it "one of the most impressive in Fallbrook". That article is the source for the following information. The house is currently on the market for $1.8 million.
Kenny did the grading himself, drawing upon his experience owning Long Beach-based Maness Industries, which includes an excavating and grading company and several heavy-equipment rental businesses.
The house is a Mediterranean villa, and features:
- a pet room connected to a fenced dog run, which has pet beds, cabinets for food, and a drain in the middle of the concrete floor for room cleaning and dog bathing;
- a swimming pool with waterfall
- a "huge" built-in brick bbq with dishwasher and garbage disposal
- a "massive" family room with built-in wet bar that includes an elevated TV set, a soda fountain, refrigerator and ice maker, with a Brazilian granite counter,
- a family room with 24' wood-beam ceiling, a 200-gallon salt-water aquarium, and a $40 K Bose audio system with 46 indoor and outdoor speakers which was the subject of a feature article in Sound & Image magazine,
- a Z-shaped floor plan, 4 bedrooms, an office and 5.5 baths,
- 4 heating and ac units,
- video surveillance at the front gate,
- an oversize attached 4 car garage that accommodates their stretch limousine.
The fenced 10 acre property includes:
- a Mediterranean "barn" with an apartment with kitchen, bedroom and bath,
- a 1/4 acre fishing lake with a fountain in the middle,
- a combination lighted tennis court and regulation basketball court,
- a horseshoe pit,
- an outdoor jukebox and popcorn machine,
- horse stables,
- a gazebo with icemaker and refrigerator
- 500 orange trees
- 150 other mature trees
- an artesian well which supplies all the water, with runoff going to the lake.
Copyright © 1998 by Tom Chester.
Permission is freely granted to reproduce any or all of this page as long as credit is given to me at this source:
Comments and feedback: Tom Chester
Last update: 29 March 1998.