- nurseries, esp flynn rainbow
- Mike's Flower Stand, on the north side of Highway 76 about 1 mile west of I-15, has a wonderful collection of cut flowers for sale at good prices.
- Stock? just north of Circle R Lane on Circle R Drive.
- Freeway daisies on northeast corner of El Nido Drive and Palomar Drive.
- Beautiful large poinsettias and mandeville at 2849 or 2873 Alta Vista.
- Beautiful rose hedge along west end of Green Canyon just north of church at Winterhaven and Green Canyon.
- Wildflower Fields
- Los Jilgueros Preserve, a 40 acre preserve just north of Fallbrook High School on the east side of Mission Road.
- 3735 Palomar Drive has a beautiful wildflower strip in front.
- California poppies grow at the northeast corner of S. Mission Road and Baja Mission Road.
- All along I-15, especially from border patrol station in Rainbow down through at least Poway. Began blooming ~ Feb 15, 1997, and pretty much finished by March 15, 1997.
In particular, there are nice displays at the i-15 entrance ramp at mission and at the border patrol station in rainbow.
- 395 near Reche - wild sweet pea (ent, 2/27/97, a5)
- ~1 miles east of i-15 on 76 near Pala.
- Lupines and poppies on east bank of Circle R Drive, opposite from the 3 big road cuts just north of Castle Creek Gold Course.
- large groves
- little gopher canyon creek and shaded street
- de luz road, sandia creek road
- Santa Margarita River has two areas that the public has access to:
- Santa Margarita River Trail, off Sandia Creek Drive about one mile past intersection with De Luz Road.
- Santa Margarita River County Park at the intersection of De Luz Road and Sandia Creek Drive.
- ancient oak forest on live oak rd
- Live Oak Park at 2746 Reche Road. Telephone 723-8780.
Hikes and interpretive programs may be scheduled by calling the Live Oak Park Coalition at the number above. See also Fallbrook, CA Sculptures: The Bowl.
- Fallbrook Land Conservancy's Preserves:
- Los Jilgueros Preserve, a 40 acre preserve just north of Fallbrook High School on the east side of Mission Road, is open to the public for jogging, dog walking, or just relaxing.
- Bonsall Preserve
- Dinwiddie Preserve
- Heller's Bend Preserve
- mountains entry-way from temecula
- sl rey river
- Moosa Creek and waterfall north of campground along 395.
- Beautiful pond with fountain at The Grand Tradition.
- South side of Del Valle between Sleeping Indian and Olive Hill Rd.
- West side of Olive Hill near Gateview Dr. Designated as a natural area, with no trespassing signs.
- Beautiful pond with gazebo and fountain, on north side of Via del Robles, about 2/3 of way up hill to west of Gird Road.
- On east side of Couser Canyon Road near mile marker 1.2.
- On east side of 395 at campground.
Copyright © 1997-1999 by Tom Chester.
Permission is freely granted to reproduce any or all of this page as long as credit is given to me at this source:
Comments and feedback: Tom Chester
Last update: 26 August 1999.