Plant Species of San Jacinto Mountain
On 2 November 2008, we have begun putting pictures of plant species at San Jacinto Mountain online, as a prelude to pages that will give information about the distribution and characteristics of each plant species.
On 11 July 2010, we have begun putting maps of species distributions online, which includes georeferencing vouchers from Riverside County.
On 14 July 2011, we have begun putting online a list of all the species observed to be in bloom above 6500 feet, along with plots showing how the bloom has changed with time.
This page has not yet been updated to the families given in the Second Edition Jepson Manual.
- Endemic Species, ones which live only at San Jacinto Mountain and the Santa Rosa Mountains.
- New Species for SnJt Found in Our Surveys
- Pictures of Some Similar-looking Young Plants
- Pictures of 26 Species From Ernie Maxwell Scenic Trail, San Jacinto Mountains, 22 May 2009
- Michael Charters Field Trip Photo Galleries SnJt trips, in time order:
- Hidden Lake, June 2008
- Garner Valley and Santa Rosa Mountain Road, October 2008
- Devils Slide Trail, May 2009
- SnJt Jepson Workshop, May 2009 (many places from the desert to Hidden Lake)
- Deer Springs Trail, June 2009
- Idyllwild County Park'a>, June 2010
- Marion Mountain / Deer Springs Trail to Little Round Valley, July 2010
- Other plant links given on the main San Jacinto page
Anacardiaceae, Sumac Family
Apiaceae, Carrot Family
Asteraceae, Sunflower Family
Brassicaceae, Mustard Family
- Arabis johnstonii, Johnston's rock cress
- Arabis species with non-erect fruit
- The 2016 Bruce Watts Census of Boechera johnstonii, Johnston's rock cress
Ericaceae, Heath Family
- Arctostaphylos pungens, Mexican manzanita
- Chimaphila menziesii, C. umbellata and Pyrola picta, little Prince's pine, pipsissewa, and wintergreen.
Fagaceae, Oak Family
Phrymaceae, Monkeyflower Family
Polemoniaceae, Phlox Family
Primulaceae, Primrose Family
Ranunculaceae, Ranunculus Family
Rosaceae, Rose Family
- Potentilla glandulosa, sticky cinquefoil (Drymocallis glandulosa and D. lactea)
Scrophulariaceae, Snapdragon Family
- Keckiella rothrockii var. jacintensis, San Jacinto Mts. keckiella
- Penstemon californicus, California penstemon
Salicaceae, Willow Family
Alliaceae, Onion Family
Cyperaceae, Sedge Family
Juncaceae, Rush Family
Liliaceae, Lily Family
Orchidaceae, Orchid Family
Poaceae, Grass Family
Copyright © 2008-2017 by Tom Chester and Dave Stith.
Commercial rights reserved. Permission is granted to reproduce any or all of this page for individual or non-profit institutional internal use as long as credit is given to us at this source:
Comments and feedback: Tom Chester
Updated 15 July 2017.