I have found that two of the best things about this site are the trail updates and news about the SGM supplied by readers. (Another top best thing is the interaction with readers.) No one person could ever hope to stay current on the condition of the many trails and places in the SGM. But the audience of these pages is large enough that all of us can almost immediately find out about changes from readers who send in updates.
Hence I encourage you to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) any updates you find to the information here, or to another source such as a printed guidebook. I will post that information as soon as possible, and will credit you as the source if you give permission to do so. I won't put the name of anyone who emails me online without permission.
The updates are found in various places:
- Often the first place I put updates is General Trail conditions.
- Trail or road closures are noted in the hike tables by region with impossible-to-miss pink backgrounds. The links placed there give more information about the closure.
- Trail updates or conditions are noted either in pages devoted to an individual trail or hike, in the Updates to Trails of The Angeles 1998 edition, or in the Updates to Afoot & Afield in Los Angeles County 2000 edition
- Updates to Field Guide Information are noted in the pages devoted to that information linked from the Field Guide.
- General News about the SGM are noted in Current and Historical News.
Such updates allow us to better plan our hikes, or know what to expect on a given hike, or increase the accuracy of the information about the San Gabriels. I certainly have learned much about the San Gabriels from readers, and much appreciate that information.
Copyright © 2000-2001 by Tom Chester.
Permission is freely granted to reproduce any or all of this page as long as credit is given to me at this source:
Comments and feedback: Tom Chester
Updated 19 November 2001.