Characteristics Of Five San Gabriel Mountains Species Of Arctostaphylos: Comments
These pages cover only the five species found in the San Gabriel Mountains:
Species A. gabrielensis San Gabriel manzanita A. glandulosa spp. glaucomollis Eastwood, San Gabriel Mountains or Eastern Transverse Range manzanita A. glauca bigberry manzanita A. parryana Parry manzanita A. patula greenleaf or snowbrush manzanita
Characteristics are grouped together by parts:
- Many pictures of bigberry manzanita
- Many pictures of Eastwood manzanita, but not the local subspecies
- Many pictures of greenleaf manzanita
THIS IS NOT A KEY. It is a series of charts combining the characteristics listed in the sources listed below.
- CalFlora database for Arctostaphylos in Los Angeles County
- James C. Hickman, Editor, The Jepson Manual, 1993
- Philip A. Munz, A Flora of Southern California, 1974
- Philip V. Wells, The Manzanitas of California: Also of Mexico and the World, c2000
Go to: Keys to Identifying Selected Plant Groups in the SGM
Copyright © 2001-2002 by Jane Strong and Tom Chester.
Permission is freely granted to reproduce any or all of this page as long as credit is given to us at this source:
Comments and feedback: Jane Strong | Tom Chester
Updated August 4, 2002.