- San Diego Natural History Museum's Canyoneer Nature Walks
- Philip Erdelsky leads a Monthly Hike in San Diego County, California
- The San Diego Chapter of the Sierra Club leads many hikes in the area. They publish a bimonthly newsletter, the Hi-Sierran for chapter members.
- Seaside Hiking Club has organized hikes once or twice per week. During the summer they hike on Thursday evenings along the San Diego North County coast. Sunday hikes are farther inland.
- The San Diego Hiking Club, North County chapter, meets on the second Wednesday of every month in Encinitas. Unfortunately, the contact information listed in the North County Times from 2002 is apparently no longer correct.
- Walkabout International has a very complete monthly walk calendar and newsletter, listing walks for nearly every day of each month.
- Ham Radio Operators have a Hikers' Net at 9 p.m. on Friday nights, used to arrange future hikes. Some of the hikes that are scheduled more in advance are posted on their website.
- The American Volkssport Association has regular "walking events".
- Guided Adventures In Nature, half-day, full-day, and multi-day hikes, bikes, and kayak guided trips, which of course requires a fee.
Go to Hikes in San Diego County
Copyright © 2000-2010 by Tom Chester.
Permission is freely granted to reproduce any or all of this page as long as credit is given to me at this source:
Comments and feedback: Tom Chester
Updated 30 September 2010.