The Flora of the PCT
C12 Highway 138 (Silverwood lake exit) to Interstate 15
The Plant Checklists
There are four different versions of the Plant Checklists, which differ depending on:
- whether only species observed in the immediate vicinity of the trail are included, or whether species are also included from the larger area surrounding the trail, some of which might be found on the trail in future surveys;
- whether the list is presented in trail order, or in plant family order; and
- whether thumbnail photographs are included with the list or instead, links are provided to Calphotos pix and the Jepson Manual eflora.
Only Section 12c, from Interstate 15 to the High Point three miles east, is currently online.
The lists are:
- Illustrated Family Order List from Calflora, with two thumbnail pictures for every species found on the trail ( taxa). Note the checkbox at right that allows a sort of the list in family order instead of scientific name order, or a sort by bloom start month. Check Show photo service links and then click on Display to get links to all Calphotos et al pictures.
- Species in Order Along the Trail, from I-15 east to High Point (175 taxa)
- Species Seen on or near the Trail in a Family Order List
- Species Seen on or near the Trail, along with species vouchered from this general area, in a Family Order List (513 taxa)
Separate condensed print versions of just the checklist names are available for all except for the Calflora thumbnail picture version, as a link on each of those pages.
Copyright © 2015 by RT Hawke, Shaun Hawke, Tom Chester, Jane Tirrell, Gabi McLean, and Cliff McLean
Permission is freely granted to reproduce any or all of this page as long as credit is given to us at this source:
Comments and feedback: Tom Chester
Updated 28 May 2015.